I'm just getting this blog started- and what better way to celebrate than with a freebie?
Any small business owner has heard about the advantages of including Twitter in your marketing strategy. It's a great way to network with other entrepreneurs to learn and share tips and tricks. It is also wonderful for allowing new customers find you and existing customers keep up to date on new products as well as sales and other promotions.
If you already have a Twitter account, and you would like a free button like mine (see over there to your right?), this is a great freebie for you. Just download the graphic here and follow the instructions below. Unlike other free Twitter buttons, I do not add my own name to the link or graphic. You know, like the backgrounds and layouts that always say "powered by ___" or some other intrusive advertisement like that? All I ask is if you like this and find it useful, share this post with your friends.
1. After you have downloaded and saved the image to your computer, upload it to your own photo sharing service (photobucket, flickr, etc.).
2. Once uploaded, sign in to your blog. Click on "Layout" and then click on "Page Elements".
3. Click on "Add a Gadget" to the right. In the new window that pops open, click on the + next to "HTML/Java Script".
4. Copy and paste the following:
5. Change the URL TO YOU TWITTER PROFILE to the actual url for your twitter profile. Mine is http://twitter.com/pixelixdesigns
6. Change the DIRECT LINK TO YOUR IMAGE to the direct link to your image. Mine is on Photobucket, so I just copied and pasted the "Direct Link" code.
7. Click "Save" and test to make sure it works!
And, there you have it. Hope you can put this freebie to good use.